One Touch, Friend Forever
contact sales at SINOWON.
Manufacturing the qualified parts requires three steps:
1. Design: The R&D engineers design the parts according to the functional requirements of the product;
2. Production: The manufacturing engineers produce it according to the designer’s drawings;
3. Inspection: The QC engineer inspect the sizes according to the drawing requirements to inspect to confirm whether the actual machined products meet the design nor not.
In these three links, the design drawings are engineering standards indispensably.
If we choose a suitable instrument to measure product size, we need to catch the following four points from the design drawings:
1. The maximum three-dimensional size of the product: the measuring space of the instrument must be greater than the three-dimensional size of the measured product
2. The physical material characteristics of the measured product: is it a metal rigid material or a transparent non-rigid material? If it is a product such as a flexible plastic film, the contact probe will deform the measured point due to the contact force, which give rise to the larger measurement error, so it is not suitable to use contact probes, it is better to use the non-contact optics sensor to measure it. If it is glass, transparent plastic and other products, it is best to use a white light confocal sensor. Generally, if the size of the metal workpiece is large, the load-bearing capability of the instrument table must be considered. If possible, it is best to use a mobile bridge instrument to measure it.
3. The spatial geometric characteristics of the product: The spatial geometric characteristics of the product determine the probe to be selected. Geometric features include the points, lines, circles, arcs, angles, straightness, flatness, line profile, surface profile, parallelism, angularity, perpendicularity, roundness, cylindricity, concentricity, symmetry, position, runout and other characteristics. Since the installation angle of the optical probe is 90° perpendicular to the worktable for the VMM, it is usually only possible to measure the 2D geometric features of the product, it can not effectively measure the 3D geometric features. If the customers need to measure the three-dimensional size of the product, the 3D contact probe must be considered.
4. Tolerance range of geometric features: the measurement accuracy of the instrument needs to reach 1/10~1/3 of the minimum tolerance range of key geometric features.
As an intermediate link, if the distributor does not carefully understand the user's product characteristics, the sold instrument may not meet the customer's measurement requirements, it will have a big risk of instrument returning.
In order to ensure the users can purchase the suitable measuring machines to solve measurement difficulties, it is very necessary to require the professional measurement engineers check the measurement requirements with reference to the design drawings. It is the reasons why we need the customers to provide drawings of the measured product before finalizing the instrument model.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.